Featuring Probiotic Chewables
Key Strains of Probiotic Bacteria:
- Streptococcus Thermophilus — in 1907, Russian biologist and Nobel Prize winner, Elie Metchnikoff, wrote of the importance of the bacterial strain Streptococcus thermophilus, in his book about longevity research called The Prolongation of Life. This bacteria is very effective at preventing the growth of pathogenic bacteria. This characteristic makes it ideal in any probiotic formulation and especially in the battle to maintain internal sanitation.. Additionally, this strain of bacteria prevents the transformation of nitrites into cancer causing nitrites. and protects the linings of the intestines from many types of damage.
- Lactobacillus plantarum — only one fourth of Americans have appreciable amounts of this good bacteria, yet it is one of the most important probiotic bacteria in terms of preventing inflammatory conditions of the bowel and in helping to protect the health of mucosal linings.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus - one of the benefits of this strain of probiotic bacteria is the reduction of incidences and duration of diarrhea. Its presence in the body also decreases the production of stress hormones, such as corticosterone.
- Lactobacillus casei - this bacteria produces the enzyme called amylase, which then helps to prevent constipation. It doesn’t survive more than 10 days in the gut and therefore must constantly be reimplanted.
- Lactobacillus fermentum - this bacteria has been shown to decrease cholesterol levels in the body and to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Bifidobacterium longum - this bacteria helps to create numerous amino acids that help one’s overall health and immune response.
- Bifidobacterium infantis - this bacteria has been shown to have anti-mutagenic effects by binding with amines (carcinogenic substances) created through overcooking meat. Its presence in the body also has been shown to increase the numbers of the immune system lymphocytes and T-Killer cells.
- Bifidobacteriumn breve - this strain of probiotic bacteria is the most prevalent bacteria in “mother’s milk”. It inhibits the growth of candida albicans (yeast), and is very helpful in breaking down and converting many foods into beneficial nutrients such as B-Vitamins, Vitamin K, etc.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum - these bacteria also aid in the conversion of foods in the intestines into B-Vitamins and Vitamin K. This bacteria also discourages the production of histamines and enhances the body’s natural immune system response. This is perhaps the most important bacteria in bringing balance to the bacterial content in the intestines and in helping to heal alcohol induced damage to the liver.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus - increases calcium absorption and promotes intestinal health.
Proven Probiotic Release
Many probiotics on store shelves fail to provide live organism viability by the time they are consumed, with probiotic organisms dying on the shelf or in the consumer’s gut, and never providing any benefit to the consumer. Powders, liquids, capsules, even cultured dairy products offer no real protection, losing most of their sensitive, probiotic organisms during passage through the stomach’s harsh environment.
Our product is different. Over a decade of extensive research, development and testing of probiotic delivery forms has led to the patented, protected and timed- delivery process used in our Probiotic supplement. Rest assured that our Probiotic supplement has outstanding shelf-life, so that there is no need for refrigeration. Our independent third party tests prove it.
These above DAPI fluorochrome microphotographs document the population of probiotics within the lower intestinal tract over a typical 10-hour period of release, using our patented technology.
Our Probiotic Chew - ables for Kids contains 2 billion CFU of eight different strains of probiotics. This terrific supplement will combat perhaps the biggest problem that kids face as they grow up... which is the devastating effect of antibiotics on their immune systems.
Modern mothers for the most part do not allow their children to “weather” the infectious storms of life. Instead, they immediately go to the doctor for an antibiotic. Unfortunately, the antibiotic kills off the friendly bacteria in the child’s intestines as well as the pathogens in the ear or throat. The loss of the good bacteria then leads to immune system problems, ADD and much more. To a large extent, this product can counter this problem.
It is essential to human health to have friendly bacteria inside. In fact, the most important issue about intestinal sanitation is to make sure that you have a minimum ratio of friendly bacteria to harmful bacteria of at least 80% friendly bacteria to 20% harmful bacteria. Unfortunately, in many people this ratio is reversed, with the result that large amounts of harmful chemicals produced by pathogens are constantly entering the blood stream and toxifying the body.
What Are Probiotics?
Probiotics are beneficial or health supporting bacteria. People in the past have typically eaten probiotics in the form of fermented foods such as kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut or kimchi. Today, it is possible to consume probiotics in supplement (pill) form.
- Probiotics (friendly bacteria) benefit our health by producing beneficial nutrients — they actually “eat” our food wastes and convert those wastes into numerous beneficial chemicals, functioning like afterburners on a jet engine.
- Also, probiotics directly compete against pathogenic bacteria for living space inside us, thus crowding them out. This latter benefit is obtained similarly as we get beautiful lawns by planting and growing desirable grass seeds in all the available lawn space, so that there is no space for weeds to get a foothold. Likewise, in regard to intestinal microorganisms, we want to keep our intestinal tract so populated with the good bacteria that pathogenic bacteria don’t have a place to implant and grow.
We invite you to learn about the different species of probiotics where they are described in the left-hand column.
Additionally, all of the following benefits have been shown in one or more studies to result from consumption of probiotics:
- Enhanced immune system response
- Reduced negative affects of taking many types of antibiotics
- Assisted in preventing and treating colon inflammation following surgery
- Helped to prevent eczema in youth
- Increased ability to digest food
- Therapeutic effect for viral respiratory tract infections by enhancing the overall immune system
- Reduced lactose intolerance
- Reduced incidence of yeast infections, vaginitis and candidiasis
- Increased ability to assimilate the nutrients from food
- Alleviated many common digestive disorders such as constipation, diarrhea and IBS
- Acted as a remedy for bad breath (halitosis)
- Increased ability to synthesize vitamin B
- Increased ability to absorb calcium
- Promoted anti-tumor and anticancer activity in the body
What Are Adequate Amounts of Probiotics?
Ensuring adequate amounts of probiotics is an important health habit. The single best way to ensure you have enough probiotics in you is to take probiotics until you no longer have intestinal gas. If your intestines are “speaking” to you, they are saying, “Probiotics, please!”
Why Do You Need to Keep Consuming Probiotics?
Many people ask the question why we need to consume probiotics. They think that once we have good bacteria inside us, they should just continue to replicate from then on. The problem is that there are many things that kill off our friendly bacteria, such as pathogen bacteria, fungi and all the things in the list below. Therefore, if we don’t periodically restock our supplies of friendly bacteria, we may end up being undersupplied.
- Dental Metals
- Birth Control Pills
Most people either have dental metals in their mouth, or drink and bathe in chlorinated water, or are full of pesticides, etc. Kids are especially prone to having their ratios of probiotic bacteria to pathogenic bacteria get out of whack because of the use of antibiotics.
Our Probiotic Chewables have a delicious strawberry flavor. They don’t require refrigeration and thanks to their BIO-tract® delivery technology, they will reach the intestinal tract safe and sound, to do their job in improving your health. They are great for anyone who would rather chew a tablet than swallow a capsule.
Cited Probiotic Research and Further Probiotic Study References: